At Gaarde Christian School, we opened our school for in-person instruction in the Fall of 2020 and have achieved success with the Lord's help and fantastic staff. We value the support of every Gaarde family in assisting in keeping our campus healthy. The health and welfare of our families, students, and staff remain a priority.
At GCS, our health blueprint outlines the protocols we have in place to create the best possible environment for a time such as this. We are continually making adjustments and changes as new information or guidelines are released. We provide the best possible environment to meet the needs of our students' education and their spiritual, emotional, social, and physical needs.
The heart of our prayer, passion, and trust in Christ Jesus is in these powerful verses:
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
“God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” James 1:5
We Choose Courage!
Our priority for sanitation is:
- Providing an environment of increased sanitation, especially in areas of high touchpoints.
- We are encouraging reasonable safety precautions, such as eliminating community supplies in the classroom.
- We are encouraging increased handwashing with students and staff and have intentionally educated students about handwashing techniques.
- We have portable sinks for the classrooms in the portables, and have installed hand sanitizer stations at the main entrances and throughout the school.
Our student, teacher, and visitor safety priorities are:
- Students are working in stable groups or cohorts, limiting interactions outside of that group as much as possible. Teachers have been using outdoor space when feasible.
- Visitors are limited to only those deemed necessary. Visitors must sign in, wear a mask, and use hand sanitizer before moving past the front office.
- We will not be able to have volunteers on campus with the new guidelines.
The above items are a few of the areas we have on our Operational Blueprint to give you an idea of the direction we have moved. The operational blueprint can be found at the top of this page. We ask for your prayers, grace, and understanding as we navigate new protocols. Remember during this season things remain in a semi-fluid state as we move forward and navigate, while we also continue in this learning process.