We at GCS believe that regular attendance is essential for excellence in learning. Therefore, we discourage absenteeism.
In the case of absence:
- We request that you call the school in the morning, unless you have a pre-arranged absence.
- Excused absences are allowed for illness, doctor or dental appointments, and family emergencies. On return, students will bring a written excuse from home, signed by parent(s), to the teacher. This excuse must state the reason and date for the student’s
- If you know ahead of time your student will be absent please notify the teacher.
- Teachers will not provide make-up work or credit for unexcused absences.
- Students will be considered tardy at 8:35 am.