Please scroll down for 2023-2024 Preschool Day Care Information
Sponsorship Program & Ministry of Faith Journey Church
Gaarde Christian Day Care is a ministry of Faith Journey Church. As a ministry of Faith Journey, the Deacon board and Senior Pastor govern the Day Care. The church sponsors the Day Care. Faith Journey Church is a voluntary cooperative fellowship with the Assemblies of God. If anyone wishes to have a copy of the doctrinal statement, it is available in the front office.
No attempt to teach Assemblies of God doctrinal distinctives to a Gaarde Christian Day Care child is made. We strive to maintain an inter-denominational atmosphere in the Day Care and with the staff.
Gaarde Christian Day Care strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for the development of children through a loving, Christ-centered, Bible based exploration of life through fun and creative venues.
Gaarde Christian Day Care put its staff through a rigorous screening process. They go through several interviews and undergo a reference check, Oregon State criminal background check, and nationwide (and international if warranted) background check. All staff, including substitutes, must meet state requirements and go through an orientation process before starting work. Once on staff, personnel continues their education by participating in workshops and seminars.
Our Day Care staff is dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing environment for the children. On-going training keeps staff up-to-date in CPR, first aid, and child development classes.
Meet our Director
Hours of Operation
Gaarde Christian Day Care is open Monday thru Friday from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Gaarde Christian Day Care is open the Wednesday following Labor Day until the date posted on the calendar, which is typically the first Friday in June.
Gaarde Christian Day Care will be posted with closure dates, including the following holidays:
November - Thanksgiving and the Friday after Veteran's Day Observed
December - Christmas Vacation, as noted on the calendar
January - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
February - President's Day
March - Spring Break, as noted on the calendar
May - Memorial Day
Fees & Payments
- The cost of daycare is $6.75 per hour per child.
- A flat fee of $6.75 is charged for daycare use from 7:00 am - 8:10 am.
- Late pick-up charges (after 6 pm) will result in a $10.00 charge for the first 10 minutes and a $15.00 charge for every five minutes thereafter.
- Daycare schedules are permanent schedules; there are no changes except cancellations.
- There is no drop-in daycare.
- Payment for scheduled hours is due one week in advance regardless of the child's attendance.
- Accounts past due will result in the suspension of daycare use until the account is current.
See below for upcoming school year information.